Powered By Blogger

Let me help

Friday 16 September 2011

Making Penguins with the Two Step Owl Punch

Hello there,
Well another week is almost over, but you know what they say......time flies when you're having fun, or are very busy. Hehehe Mike and I have been busy getting him ready to start work next week, and he is excited.

I know there are lots of places on the Internet that you can find different ways of making the most of your punches, but I thought if you came here to browse why not offer another example.

These are really very simple to make, just a few punches and snips with your scissors and you have a cute penguin to add to your cards.



 Start by punching out the body and circle for the eyes in black card stock. Then using white card stock punch out the vest shape and circles for the eyes again. Then take a piece of orange card stock and punch out the feet at the bottom of the owl body. If you want to add a little heart to your penguin then just take red card stock and punch out the heart



Next use your scissors and cut off the feet and ears on the black body.


Take the orange feet that you punched out and attach them to the back of the body shape you now have.


Turn the body over, he's starting to come together. Attach the white vest and eyes, and a little piece of orange under the top of his vest, to make his nose.



I added the little heart from the Two Step Owl Punch as well. Tombow glue dries quickly and is great for attaching little pieces. The other tool you see in these pictures is my QuickStik, while watching video tutorials I would hear them mention this little tool. The end that you see in the upper picture has tacky putty in it, and it is great for picking up those little pieces that you try to get in just the right spot. I ordered it from the states, and I will try to find out what the site is for you. But I have to say it is a big help and for only about $5.00 it was a great purchase.

Hope you enjoyed this little penguin, and actually looking at him now, I think I would also sponge the edges of his body, to give him a little more dimension. Well I am off to play with some of my new Stampin' Up stuff, I have an idea for tomorrows post.

Happy crafting, Tina


No comments:

Post a Comment